Thursday, December 4, 2008

Project #6 Final Vector Self-Portrait




I was originally going to use a different picture for my self portrait, but my boyfriend talked me into using this one that he took of me. I think that it worked out for the better since this picture looks much more natural and I'm not looking at the camera. I wanted to use some of Shepard Fairey's style in my portrait, so I incorporated my logo as a pattern in the background as I have seen him do in some of his vector portraits. I debated a lot about whether or not to leave it black and white, but I decided not to add color because no matter what I tried, I just wasn't happy with any of the color that I used. I think that it looks more organized and clear in grayscale/black and white, and it reminds me more of black and white photography, which I really like.

Here is one that I did of my cat.

No comments: